Friday, February 25, 2005

ROAD KILL GUMMI CANDY

Kraft has come out with a new gummi candy line - road kill animals.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Snakes, chickens, and squirrels are featured as flattened animals with little tire tracks running over their bodies. They're awfully cute!

I bet you can't guess who is having fits over this...

That's right folks, calling all animal rights activists! Animal activists are calling for Kraft, the maker of these candies, to pull them from the shelves immediately.

Apparently, the activists believe that these candies will send the message to children that 'it is okay to hurt animals'. HUH?

Personally, I get more upset whenever I hear that cute little commecial for goldfish crackers..."..goldfish, yummy little goldfish, the crunchy snack that smiles back until you bite their heads off." So how many kids now think it is "ok" to bite off the heads of their pet fish? Everytime I see the happy, dancing children on TV singing that little tune, I get the creeps!

Kraft has already retracted some cute cartoon they had on their website advertising the road kill candy. Okay, even as I was composing this, I just found another update.

Kraft is pulling the product. Talk about bowing to pressure here is the statement given reference their retraction of the product, "We understand how this product could be misinterpreted, and we respect that point of view," Trolli Brand Manager Jim Low. Again, all I can say is, "HUH"?

| | Pre Haloscan 7

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?