Saturday, April 02, 2005

GNOMES AND SHARKS AND WOLVES, OH MY!

Went to Chicago on Tuesday to meet with fellow bloggers for fun and food. Would you believe a gnome followed our car all the way to the restaurant!

Well, since he was persistent enough to make it through the hideous Chicago traffic, we brought inside and dumped him off on Laughing Wolf. Laughing Wolf and the gnome were inseparable all evening.

Also there was Eric - Straight White Guy, AKA Pool Shark. He wiped out me, Harvey - Mr Bad Example, Tammi - Road Warrior Survival and Graumagus of Frizzen Sparks. Apparently, Eric has a 9X5 table at home so he just picked us off easily, while practicing trick shots. Eric and I then joined forces and disposed of two males who dared to take us on. (Eric did most of the work; I just sat around and looked pretty.) Eric, we WILL be making it down for one of your Thursday pool nights, but not before we get a little practice time in!

Graumagus AKA the gray wizard had magical powers for making beer disappear right in front of our eyes. He reminded me of a slightly life size gnome himself.

Laughing Wolf I believe has been hanging around his wolf den a little too long. From some of his stories, his mating habits are quite intriguing! But you will have to ask him about that. He was a lot of fun and we hope to make it down to meet see his wolf park this April sometime.

Mattie of Blackfive was the native of Chicago, who pretty much organized this adventure. I was impressed with his knowledge and love of his hometown. Most people nowadays are always negative about the places they live, but Mattie truly loves the windy city. He also loves his kids and had a cute picture in his wallet of little Blackfive, which he handed around for us all to see.

I go to meet T1G of Drunken Wisdom. He was friendly, but a little quiet. I think since he hasn't been blogging, not only his fingers have gotten slower, but also his vocal cords! However, we enjoyed having him there and don't think we scared him TOO much!

Of course, my favorites Tammi and Teresa of Technicalties were there. It seems much longer than just a month ago when we were in TammiWorld. It was great to see them again and get BIG hugs.

Tammi brought an inferior quote pen with her. The original I believe was still in FL. I have a few quotes from our little get together; that will be another future blog.

Laughing Wolf was live blogging towards the end of evening. When I got home at 4:00 in the morning, I plopped in front of the computer to read what he had written. I also was "FIRST" in the comments, but my comment mysteriously disappeared later in the day. I think the gnome is already magically messing with his blog!

| | Pre Haloscan 0

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?