Friday, June 03, 2005

SURE YOU NEVER HEAR THIS ON THE NIGHTLY NEWS!

Found this on Fox News "Things to GRRRR About" yesterday:

Indeed
KGET-TV in California reports that a white social worker who wanted to attend a meeting of the National Association of Black Social Workers was told he was not welcome because of his skin pigment.

Bakersfield, Calif., social worker Brain Parnell wanted to attend the New Orleans meeting along with five of his colleagues because he often works with minority children. When he tried to enter, however, he was turned away.

"I approached the registration table and was greeted by a very friendly fellow who looked me in the eye and said, 'Are you black?'" said Parnell. "I told him that I'm not and he told me that the conference was only for people who were black and so I wasn't able to register to attend the conference."

"I was shocked," said Parnell. "I was surprised that in 2005, I could be singled out because of the color of my skin."

The original article states that the organization's website is down and the National Association of Black Social Workers were not commenting at this time.

Mr. Parnell has filed a civil rights claim with the federal government. Wonder how far that will go?


| | Pre Haloscan 0

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?