Monday, January 30, 2006

AAACK!!! THAT'S NOT ME!

I just hate it when I hang around someone so much (or read their writings), that I start talking like them. I tend to pick up individual nuances and start using them myself. My most recent verbal acquisition has been "flippin'".

I bet y'all can never guess who I picked that up from??!!

It wasn't so bad when I just had the word in my head. Someone would piss me off at work and I would think, "That flippin' SOB...". However the other day I actually spoke it outloud! This is not my vocabulary! It doesn't even make sense! What, I now want to flip someone off, but instead of doing that I say "flippin"??!!

Do you ever find yourself picking up idioms from other people?

| | Pre Haloscan 1

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?